I thought I might procrastinate for a minute (I'm trying to memorize all the bones, bony markings and major foramina of the axial and upper appendicular skeleton for an anatomy quiz on Friday.... followed shortly by midterm week...) Tim is convinced I'm actually going to medical school, secretly, behind his back. I actually looked into what it takes to get a physical therapy doctorate at some point this week, and guess what? It takes too much ( for starters, at least a year or two of prerequisites before you even begin the program). Massage therapy will have to do it for me. It's Tuesday, which means 'day off,' or more accurately, 'laundry day'. We no longer wash-'n-fold around here, because did you hear that I'm a full time student? And my husband is a social worker? That spells B-R-O-K-E. No worries or complaints, though; we're all healthy and happy and have everything we need, just not things we want (like iPads and Dr. Dre Beats headphones and shiny new tri-bikes).
In the spirit of procrastination, I'll ramble in bullet point form.
- One of our Christmas cards last year included a movie theater gift card and we just got around to using it last weekend. Cineophiles over here, obviously. We saw "The Master." I'm still thinking about whether or not I liked it.
- I just literally heard "Call Me Maybe" for the first time right now. On NPR. Like Fred Armisen's ear plug bike messenger says on Portlandia, OVER.
- My dog randomly came down with seasonal allergies when we got back from Maine. I thought she picked up fleas or something there because she was scratching so much. The vet, of course, didn't really know what was up but gave her a cortisone shot, allergy meds, and 3 months worth of flea medication - for $200 bucks. Boo. Also, I'm pretty sure she never had fleas, yet I am applying the nasty greasy flea medicine today (on the flea medicine's one-month anniversary) anyway because I am afraid of ignoring my vet.
- Westchester Toughman! Scary. Still my top choice, even though I found out that the $150 student rate doesn't apply for me because I'm older than 24. Boo, Toughman, boo.
- I started looking at DIY blogs and getting jealous of all the happy women with pretty crafts projects all over the place before I realized that I'm not motivated, at all, to do any craft projects of my own. Hell, we're lucky to be living in non-squalor.